You may be wondering, can HIIT Cause Constipation? The answer is yes, high-intensity interval training can cause Constipation if you’re not careful. In this blog post, we will discuss the causes of Constipation and how to relieve it. We will also cover the worst exercises for Constipation and why they can lead to this uncomfortable condition. Finally, we will provide a list of activities that can help get your bowels moving again!
8 Causes of Constipation
There are many different causes of Constipation, but some of the most common include:
- Stress: Stress can lead to Constipation by causing the muscles in your digestive system to tense up. This can make it difficult for food to move through your system correctly.
- Lack of water: If you’re not drinking enough fluids, your stool can become dry and difficult to pass.
- Diet: A diet high in fat and low in fibre can contribute to Constipation. Eating foods that are difficult to digest can also lead to this condition. Such as processed foods, dairy products, and red meat.
- Fasting: If you’re fasting or going for long periods of time without eating, your digestive system can slow down, leading to Constipation.
- Medications: Some medications can cause Constipation as a side effect. These include painkillers, antidepressants, and blood pressure medications.
- Pregnancy: The extra weight of pregnancy can put pressure on the muscles in your digestive system, leading to Constipation.
- Lack of exercise: If you’re not getting enough exercise, the muscles in your digestive system can become weak and sluggish. This can make it difficult for food to move through your system correctly.
- Age: As we age, our bodies can slow down, including the digestive system. This can lead to Constipation.
Worst Exercises for Constipation
Certain exercises can lead to Constipation if you’re not careful. These include:
- Situps: Situps can cause Constipation by putting pressure on your digestive system.
- Crunches: Like situps, crunches can also put pressure on your digestive system and lead to Constipation.
- Leg lifts: Leg lifts can cause the muscles in your digestive system to tense up, making it difficult for food to move through properly.
The key factors which link these exercises to Constipation are that they all put pressure on the abdomen and/or require you to hold your breath. This can cause the muscles in your digestive system to tense up, making it difficult for food to move through properly.
Why do Exercise and Hitt cause Constipation?
There are a few reasons why exercise can lead to Constipation. First, when you exercise, your body releases endorphins. These endorphins can act as a natural laxative and cause diarrhoea. Second, when you exercise, your body diverts blood from the digestive system to the muscles. This can slow down digestion and lead to Constipation. Finally, some exercises listed above can put pressure on the digestive system and lead to Constipation.
How to Relieve Constipation?
There are a few things you can do to relieve Constipation:
- Drink plenty of fluids: This will help keep your stool soft and easy to pass.
- Eat a high-fibre diet: This will help add bulk to your stool and make it easier to pass.
- Getting regular exercise will help keep your digestive system moving properly.
- Try a natural laxative: This can help stimulate your bowels and move things forward. examples include prunes, psyllium husk, flaxseed meal, and chia seeds.
- Try an over-the-counter laxative: This can help relieve if other methods haven’t worked. Be sure to follow the directions on the package.
If you’re constipated, don’t suffer in silence. There are things you can do to relieve the condition. Try some tips above and see how they can help your bowels move again!
Exercises to relieve Constipation
Specific exercises can help relieve Constipation.
- Walking is a gentle exercise that can help stimulate your digestive system.-
- Yoga: Yoga can help relax the muscles in your digestive system and make it easier for food to move through.
- Swimming is an excellent exercise for the whole body and can help get things moving in your digestive system.
- Jumping jacks: This simple exercise can help get things moving in your digestive system.
- Running: Running can help to stimulate your digestive system and get things moving.
The Main aim is to ensure the abdominals are relaxed during the exercise and to take deep breaths, which can help massage the intestines and get things moving.
When constipated, people often hold their breath without realizing it. This can contribute to the problem. So, breathe deeply and relax your abdominals during these exercises. Also, remember to drink plenty of fluids to keep your stool soft.
Constipation is a common problem caused by many things, including diet, dehydration, and certain exercises. Hiit Can cause Constipation if you’re not careful but is not the cause. It can also be relieved by following some simple tips. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids, eat a high-fibre diet, exercise regularly, and try a natural laxative if necessary. If Constipation persists, talk to your doctor. With a little effort, you can get your bowels moving again in no time!
Owner and author at shortandintense.com , 25 years as a quality and health and safety professional with an in-depth knowledge of functional and corrective exercises. IHoS registered,lead auditor, personal trainer and human movement specialist.